Your Privacy - Our Principles
The provision of quality health care requires a doctor-patient relationship of trust and confidentiality. Consistent with our commitment to quality health care this practice has developed a comprehensive policy to protect patient privacy in compliance with privacy legislation.
Our policy informs you:-
- That we need your consent to collect information about you
- Why we need to collect your information
- How your information will be used by us and to whom we may disclose it
- That you may request access to the information we hold about you
- That you may discuss any concerns you have about how we handle your information.
- Dextra Surgical ensures the security of your data by maintaining an up to date operating system and software. Data breaches will be notified immediately
References: Privacy Act 1988 & Amendments. Privacy Principles 2001. Enhancing Privacy Protection, 2012. Australian Privacy Principles 2014. Privacy Amendment, Notifiable Data Breaches, 2016